Thursday, October 4, 2018

Friday Food Finds: Banana Milk, Dessert Shots, Chocolate Chai Chickpeas, and More!

It appears that October has me craving two things in life: dessert and alcohol. Thus, it comes as no surprise that I brought dessert and booze-heavy treats to this week’s Chub Chub Chowdown segment on The Taylor Strecker Show. While I certainly don’t recommend trying all of these in one sitting, there are some real gems that would make excellent gifts around the holidays. Scroll down to check out our very candid opinions on each item. And please keep me in your thoughts as I attempt to escape this sugar coma.

Mooala Strawberry Banana Milk

For those continuing their search for the perfect dairy alternative, we may have found something special. Containing no added sugars, this banana milk with strawberry (you can seriously milk anything nowadays) is a creamy, lip-smacking delight that would absolutely pair well with a classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Eat My Shortbread

This was our favorite from the bunch today, but it’s pretty difficult to eff up a treat that’s predominantly butter and sugar. That being said, these are particularly moist and flavorful, and we love the clever name and packaging. I highly encourage readers to support small businesses like this one. Products are more innovative, of higher quality, and made with a not-so-secret ingredient: love.

Saffron Road Dark Chocolate Chai Chickpeas

It’s sugar, spice, and everything nice with these healthy(ish) snacks that feature crunchy chickpeas. I’m a huge fan of this brand and love the addition of chai, which makes me feel less bad about not ordering a chai tea latte from Starbucks. It’s my annual fall tradition (pumpkin spice, who?) and I’ve yet to partake!

Caramel Apple Hi-Chew

When it comes to candy, you can’t go wrong with a Hi-Chew. Caramel Apple is seasonally delicious, though the caramel definitely masks the tartness of the apple with a sweetness that is *almost* too much for the tongue. Key word: almost. Needless to say, this would be an awesome addition to any Trick or Treat pillowcase.

Spoonable Spirits

You’ll have to eat a lot of these to get you drunk, but they are adorable and, most importantly, tasty. In fact, I’d like to place an advanced order for my bachelor party, which means you can pretty much cancel the order because I’m never getting married. *cries into a Spoonable Spirit.*

Biscoche Macaroons

Macaroons are the first things I learned how to bake (they literally only have three ingredients, but I was damn near convinced I was the next Ina Garten) and I don’t remember them being this ooey, gooey delicious. The packaging is also gorgeous, which makes for an excellent holiday gift or last-minute stocking stuffer. Our personal favs were dulce de leche and sour cherry, though there’s certainly a flavor for everyone.

Bourbon-Infused Bang Cookies

If you like your cookies infused with booze, you’ll be super into these whiskey varieties that celebrate fall. But don’t grab one if you don’t have an appetite. Their size is massive, which is awesome and satisfying after a night of hard partying. Eating alcoholic cookies after binging on alcohol? It sounds so wrong, but oh-so-right.



from Food News – Chowhound https://ift.tt/2PelkAq
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment