Thursday, August 31, 2017

Cucumber Soup

Cucumber Soup

Every year I plant cucumbers in my garden. And every year, my one plant takes over the bed (climbing over trellises put in place for other vegetables) and showers me with a daily supply of lovely cucumbers.

This is all well and good, as long as I remember to pick them daily. As careful as I can be, hunting for cucumbers in the tangle of leaves and vines, I do miss them occasionally, only to discover a monster cuke hiding perfectly camouflaged under a leaf.

Like zucchini, left to their own devices, cucumbers will grow to ginormous proportions, resulting in a thick-skinned, seedy bat.

What do do with extra large cucumbers?

Make cucumber soup!

Continue reading "Cucumber Soup" »



from Simply Recipes http://ift.tt/2vIwljt
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment