Tuesday, March 5, 2019

How to Plan an Orange-Themed Brunch

I LOVE a good themed party, and I’m known for going hard. I love dressing top to bottom in themed clothing, but what I love even more is creating a menu so that even my snacks and drinks go along with the topic at hand. When it comes to hosting a brunch, did you know a flavor could be a theme? And with warmer weather fast approaching, what better than a nice, light, and summery one? I’m here to help you through hosting your own orange-themed brunch. Every single item on your menu—from the mimosas to the main course—will be citrusy and absolutely delicious. Orange you glad?

Drinks

Mimosas

Brent Hofacker / Shutterstock

Okay, the obvious one here is the mimosa. I mean, what’s brunch without about 16 of them? Super easy to make, the mimosa is just one part champagne, one part orange juice (although, I wouldn’t judge if the ratio is a bit more heavy on the champagne). Add a little liquor at your own risk!

If you want a little more variety on your drink menu, however, I’ll share my personal brunch secret with you. I’ve made these mimosas a few times and they are always a huge hit! Just add a bit of heavy cream to a standard mimosa (until it’s a light orange shade), and you’ve got a cocktail that tastes JUST like a Creamsicle—only the best summer treat ever. If you’re worried that this may be a super heavy drink, rest-assured that I always find this is just as light and bubbly as a regular mimosa.

Peugeot Esprit Champagne Glasses, 4 for $59.95 on Amazon

These glasses are designed to combine the effects of good bubble circulation and optimal air contact.
Get Classy

If you’re looking for a much stronger, much more citrusy drink, follow this Chowhound recipe for a pretty intense sangria (and by intense, I mean it’s WAY more than just wine). Drink this one carefully, and be sure to enjoy that orange flavor.

Finally, if alcohol isn’t really your thing, try this sweet and frothy take on a classic glass of orange juice.

Main Course

What is brunch without kickass food that makes you feel about 50 pounds heavier? Make sure you buy a ton of oranges, because you’re about to show this orange-themed brunch who’s boss.

Challah French Toast with Orange and Strawberries

Orange French Toast with Strawberries

Chowhound

A staple breakfast food that I can’t get enough of is French toast. When I say I can’t get enough of it, I mean that I literally ate it today. With orange zest in the batter and orange slices on top, this French toast will be sure to fill your guests up and leave them seeing, well, orange. Get our Challah French Toast with Orange and Strawberries recipe.

Blackberry Orange Muffins

Blackberry Orange Muffins recipe

Chowhound

I love when I go out to brunch and they bring out a billion mini muffins to start me off the right way. I mean, you really can’t go wrong with muffins. They’re easy to make, and they’re perfect for starting (or finishing) a top-notch brunch. And seriously, how good do these muffins sound? The first bite you take in an orange-themed brunch should be tart and sweet, so you really can’t go wrong here. Get our Blackberry Orange Muffins recipe.

Brown Butter Crepes with Orange Beurre Blanc

Brown Butter Crepes with Orange Beurre Blanc

Chowhound

If you’re feeling particularly fancy (and patient), might I suggest crepes? They’re light, delicious, and always a hit! And what goes better in a crepe than some fresh fruit? Try out these fresh and rich brown butter crepes with fruit and cheese. The orange in this dish comes in the form of a beurre blanc which, after a quick Google search, I can semi-confidently say is a kind of butter sauce. I know, why not just say butter sauce? Get our Brown Butter Crepes with Orange Beurre Blanc recipe.

Cranberry-Orange Quick Bread

Cranberry-Orange Quick Bread recipe

Chowhound

If you choose to just stick with scrambled eggs, you’re going to need some bread or toast on the side. One of my absolute favorite flavor combinations out there is orange and cranberry, so I’d be crazy to not include a recipe for this fresh quick bread. I suggest toasting it to really get in that brunch spirit! Get our Cranberry-Orange Quick Bread recipe.

Dessert

Whenever I host a brunch, dessert is always the most stressful part. I like to do something sweet that still goes with the breakfast theme, so I usually end up just making a giant cinnamon roll or a plain old pound cake and call it a day. But there are no oranges in a cinnamon roll, so I did some research to help you keep up your theme.

Cranberry-Orange Shortbread

Remember when I said the cranberry-orange flavor combo is food’s gift to mankind? Use that to your advantage. Try this fruity shortbread with almond streusel. It’s the perfect way to polish off your meal. Keep this recipe in your back pocket too, because it’d be a really great holiday dessert. Get our Cranberry-Orange Shortbread recipe.

Orange Angel Food Cake

Orange Angel Food Cake recipe

Chowhound

Here’s a fancier way around making a simple pound cake and passing it off as a brunch dessert. This citrusy angel food cake is so light and fluffy that you won’t feel guilty about having a little slice after eating your weight in crepes and French toast. Plus, it’s literally a cake made from oranges. That’ll show your guests that you can see a themed brunch all the way through! Get our Orange Angel Food Cake recipe.

Related Video: How to Bake Brownies in an Orange

All featured products are curated independently by our editors. When you buy something through our retail links, we may receive a commission. For more great hand-picked products, check out the Chowhound Shop.



from Food News – Chowhound https://ift.tt/2GJOyG1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment